What will we be eating in 2012? Here are TASTE readers and website users top predictions for all things culinary.
Not only did we ask you what your top predictions are, we promised that the trendspotter who was most, well, spot on, would win a copy of TASTE The Cookbook. So Abigail Donnelly, TASTE's Food Editor, went through hundreds of ideas and chose her top 1, and 14 others we'll also be keeping an eye out for.
And the winner is.... Leonie Bester! Congrats Leonie, you certainly have the finger on the food pulse.
On the topic, read Abigail's trend predictions for 2012.
TASTE READERS' TOP FOOD TREND PREDICTIONS FOR 2012
- Going back to the old, classic way of cooking using recipes that are old, tried and tested, like the ones our Grans used to make - Leonie Bester
- Homemade jams from garden-grown fruit - Janice Beddington and many others
- Wild and exotic mushrooms - Theonilde de Klerk
- Entertaining at home using produce from your own vegetable and herb garden - Celeste Brown
- Madeleines - Adri Trollip
- Tomato salads using different varieties of tomatoes - Kerryn Warren
- Grass-fed beef is the new organic - Anya Klaassen
- Rhubarb - Dihana Kloppers and Ruth Scheepers
- Recipes using polenta, barley and legumes - Yvonne Klopper
- Home molecular gastronomy kits available in supermarkets - Cecilia Wynne-Griffith
- Dim sum - Anel van den Heever
- More casual food, like tapas - Cathy Osmond
- Pickling - Lindsaye Mc Gregor
- Raw food - Lindsaye Mc Gregor and Vicky Barratt
- Fabulous vegetarian - Almini Wilson
Many of you also said cake pops are all the rage. We're almost thinking this phase has passed, but who are we to argue if that's what you like to eat! In fact, we love them too, so here's a little recipe for you to make cakepops at home.