Woolworths believes that if everyone starts to make low carbon choices in their lifestyles, the impact on the world could be huge. Just imagine the possibilities.
The journey towards sustainability is not one Woolworths has undertaken alone. They are working closely with our suppliers, business partners, NGOs and our customers to tackle climate change together.
Here are a few energy-saving tips to help you make a difference in your own environment:
- Think climate and wash clothing at 30°C– around 75% of carbon footprint of clothing can result from washing, drying and ironing
- Fix leaking taps - don’t let precious water go to waste
- Don’t fill the kettle to the top each time you want a cup of tea – save water and energy at the same time
- Check the water efficiency of dishwashers and washing machines before you buy - front loading washing machines can use up to 40% less water than top loaders
- Turn off the lights – don’t leave them on if no-one’s in the room
- Switch off computers, televisions and radios if you’re not using them
- Ride your bike or organise a lift scheme to save energy and petrol
- Plant trees to keep buildings cooler and turn your air conditioning up by a few degrees to save energy
- Fit low-energy light bulbs in your home – save energy and money
- Install a geyser blanket and put a timer on your geyser so it’s only on when you need it
- Consider installing a solar water-heating system to save energy and money
- Pay accounts online – it’s quick, easy and uses less paper
READ MORE ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT: